Quick Summary...

All images are ©KandylaneEnchanted2014 by Kira Sanoja with Kandylane Photography. They are all personally inspired scenes that I have designed & created with the help of friends and family in real life....not in Photoshop (with the exeption of lighting, color, contrast, and small details) . I do not offer these as "session" to the public as they are meant to be Fine Art Photography in hopes of showcasing in galleries and one day when the project has matured, publishing a Fine Art Photography coffee table book showing "never before seen" pictures for some projects... (to read on about the summary [click here]

Enchanted Waters (#4)

When I first envisioned this, I sent Brittany, my makeup artist a picture of a little stuffed animal bunny rabbit in a bathtub full of water and tulle! Hahaha! Mr. Bunny made a great model, but I wanted a real person, like a mermaid!

I had seen this amazing fish scale makeup on some Pinterest pictures before and I thought it was cool, and then my awesome and creative niece, Taylor mentioned it again and then I thought it would be so cool to do a watery themed picture with lots of ocean colors like blue, teal, turquoise, and green! I first started a search for a model and then I realized that Brittany, who just happens to be one of my bestest friends would be perfect!! She is so beautiful inside and out and I knew that her spirit would just radiate exactly what I wanted!

We had such a fun afternoon hanging out and experimenting with this. I had no idea how it would turn out or how it was going to work. Its not so easy getting the correct angles while straddled over a bathtub of water with a 10 lb camera hanging off my neck, lol. Or for her so gracefully keeping her head above the water with no support underneath. Lets just say, we both got a workout today! The makeup was really fun to watch because to get these scales, you have to put fishnet stockings over your head and dab the makeup on. This is interesting enough when attempting to do this to someone else, but watching Brit do this to herself while trying to see through the fishnets, was a hoot! I just love her :-).

Anyway, what a cool experience/experiment with makeup and creative, concept portraits! There were a lot of cool pictures, but her eyes really drew me in with this one. So lovely!!


Introducing #4 in my Kandylane Enchanted Gallery....

Enchanted Waters





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I had a beautiful model to make it happen!!

      Delete
  2. Love the makeup! This photo is very eye catching. I can't wait to see more!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete