Quick Summary...

All images are ©KandylaneEnchanted2014 by Kira Sanoja with Kandylane Photography. They are all personally inspired scenes that I have designed & created with the help of friends and family in real life....not in Photoshop (with the exeption of lighting, color, contrast, and small details) . I do not offer these as "session" to the public as they are meant to be Fine Art Photography in hopes of showcasing in galleries and one day when the project has matured, publishing a Fine Art Photography coffee table book showing "never before seen" pictures for some projects... (to read on about the summary [click here]

Our Enchanted Divinity (#23, #24, #25)

 My parents raised me to be a positive person and I think it's always been a part of who I am (for the most part). They listened to motivational speakers and even went to seminars. To this day, they both strongly believe that we attract many things into our own lives. "What you think about, you bring about" and “you become what you think about”.

There have been many influences of this in my life including scriptures, but also in a few more modern interpretations. My eyes were opened to this concept even more after watching the documentary called “The Secret” probably about 6 or 7 years ago. More recently, I have fallen in love with another documentary called “I am”, directed by Tom Shadyac (interestingly enough, the same director as Ace Ventura and many more comedies). This film harmoniously blended science, nature, religion & spirituality. I recommend EVERYONE AND ANYONE to watch this no matter what your beliefs. In this film, they explain that it has been proven that we can sense each other's emotions through a very physical electromagnetic field produced by our hearts. We just have to be open to feel it and quiet enough to hear those messages. I love this and knew this before I even understood it!

I have had so many "coincidences" happen that can only be explained by attraction and faith; faith that He is listening and wants to answer our prayers and thoughts no matter how small. I have my seasons of doubt, but somehow, I am always reminded of this miraculous blessing and gift we have been given.

There is an undeniable grander force that surrounds us. You might call it God or you might have your own name for it, but you have to know that it is there. It is there in science, it is there in religion, it is there in math, it is there in your family, it is there in nature, it is there in everything. We have it all at our fingertips, we just need to recognize it and take hold of it. We are not by any means greater than He who created us, but we WERE created in His Own likeness and image. That should mean something to us. Don't hold back who you could be out of humility, blossom into who you are meant to be because you owe it to your creator.

Often, especially as I have gotten older, I find myself frustrated at earth; frustrated and saddened by people and the choices people make; frustrated with life situations & adversities. I find my head in the clouds not wanting to come back down because then reality sets in. Our divine nature and God-like qualities lift our hearts and our minds to the heavens with hope and faith giving us wings, but there is an invisible force that bounds us to earth, bounds us to each other, and bounds us to nature. We are here for a reason. When a life is struggling, it would be to our own benefit to help and uplift that life because we are a reflection of everything that is around us. I know we all have divine nature and individual worth (as quoted in the LDS young women's creed). Take a moment every day to close your eyes, feel your heart swell, give thanks for everything you have and know that you are divine!

Introducing….

Our Enchanted Divinity 

#23


#24


#25





The Creation!

The Dress & Accessories... 

This creation came together rather sporadically! We had a family trip planned to Leesville, Louisiana to see my hubby’s brother Danny, his wifey Vanessa and their 2 girlies. I knew that I wanted to bring one of my ideas to life out there using my lovely sister in law Vanessa who is also a photographer (her amazing company is Sweet Rose specializing in newborn photography), but I just wasn’t getting those flashing lights in my brain inspiring me yet. I was getting a little nervous! But then I got an email from a friend that I met through Facebook because of this project. Her name is Ashley Ormaza and she has an incredible company called Freckles Fairy Chest. She custom designs whimsical fairy things like wings, head pieces and other accessories. I have always loved her stuff and we have discussed collaborating before and the timing wasn’t right before. Well, in her sweet email she extended the idea again of collaborating and somewhat co-creating a few pieces in the future! I told her that this upcoming one would be PERFECT! I was so thrilled! I finally had a few pieces of this creation on the drawing board! A few weeks later after lots of communication back and forth, she sent me the wings, crown and arm wraps! I was SOOO in love with everything! BIG hugs and kisses Freck!!! You are amazing! She even incorporated an infinity symbol bringing light to my theme even more!

A few weeks passed and I was still lacking the inspiration for a dress. I was praying about it all the time! One morning I woke up thinking that this friend of mine, Freckles (Ashley) had sent me a picture of a dress idea, I even looked on my phone until I realized I had dreamt it. I dreamt of a dress with braided rope along the neckline, lace, and kind of a “steam punk” almost pirate like skirt! It was just a tiny glimpse, but it was enough to get my wheels turning. From there, I brought some fabric to go over top of a previously used petticoat, used a lace top I found at the goodwill a few months ago, and got both thick and thin rope from Lowes. Just started braiding, cutting, pinning and adjusting until I came up with something I really liked! Rickard (our exchange student from last year who was visiting us last month) helped me get the rope braided. I'm trying to upload that video but its not working. It was really great to have a second set of hands for this one lol. I loved the rope around her as a corset and then hanging down to the ground attached to a tree next to her. Even though it was a small touch, it helped get my point across.







Wings by Freckles Fairy Chest

Crown by Freckles Fairy Chest




The mirrors


While I was writing this blog over a month ago, I kept having ideas flow through my head about the law of attraction, infinite and eternal beings, magnetic connections and reflections. The vision of mirrors hanging all around my character in one of the shots emerged. I bought small circular and square mirrors from Michaels and connected them to fishing string. They got quite tangled on the trip, I was able to separate them and make more when we got there. My awesome brother-in-law Danny helped get the fishing string up in the trees for me!! It was a bit of a pain and I am so grateful for his help!! I loved the turn out! It was a small touch, but helped pull my theme all together.







The Makeup

 I was so sad when I realized that since we’d be so far, Brittany (one of my BFF’s and Makeup artist) wouldn’t be able to be there. I figured that I would just try to do it myself. A few weeks went by and Vanessa told me that she talked to a local makeup artist, Amanda Fairweather in Louisiana who was willing to donate her time and talent to the project!! I was so happy and grateful for her! She did a phenomenal job!!










Getting Ready!!








Shooting! 


The weather was a bit iffy for the entire week. Cloudy, rainy, windy, but because we only had one day that would work for all of us, Friday was going to be the day no matter what! After a night of pouring rain, the clouds parted and our day was absolutely gorgeous and sunny! We had been watching lighting in the back yard the entire week and knew right down to the half hour that my lighting would be perfect. And yes….I did just say their back yard! These images were shot less than 100 feet from there house! Simply stunning! Everything was perfect and almost brought tears to my eyes!




Thank you so very much for taking a look at this whole process!! PLEASE COMMENT BELOW AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!! <3

XOXO,
Kira Sanoja
Kandylane Photography & Kandylane Enchanted

10 comments:

  1. Kira, this is just literally out of this world! These pictures give me goose bumps on goose bumps. When I read about how this came to be, I got even bigger chills, especially reading about the mirrors (which Steve and I were speculating as we looked at the picture if they were orbs or not :). Back in the 70s I had a dream that I was in this space and it was as if I could see other worlds from where I was, and I didn't know what was causing it. But then as I changed my perspective I could see that there were little mirrors hanging all around me reflecting the light, making everything look different. I LOVE THIS SHOOT! And of course love you and your amazing talent too. Vanessa looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow mom!! Hearing that brought me even more chills!! The mirror vision was for a reason! I'm so glad it spoke to you!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Absolutely stunning and spectacular! I love that dress. The gruff and gritty jute rope against the satiny fabric and delicate lace really pops! Nice contrast and color! The Ashley Ormaza ornamentation lends crispness and stunning beauty. Every detail is attended to right down to Vanessa's eyes matching the colors in the wings!

    BTW: I believe "He is listening" because He is We. And, when we pray, we are tuning the collective intent. The illusion of prayers gone unanswered is merely an artifact of a planet in disharmony. If everyone on the planet were in harmony with Love's Intent, miracles would be common and creative pursuit would be everyone's joy!

    Kira, you are one of the amazing few that can muster creative harmony against this backdrop of chaos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again such a beautiful post Steve! Thank you!!! I didn't even notice that here eyes matched the wings!!
      And yes! Collective prayers and meditation brings such an amazing energy! I love it!
      Thank you so very much!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow what can a say it is amazing I wish I was there is getting better every time I have a bunch of gorgeous daughters in laws and granddaughters I don't know what whimsical means but sounds grate keep up the good work Love you Pops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D Big smiles!! THank you so much pops!!! Andrew thinks the word whimsical is really funny! It just means magical :-)

      Delete
  4. As always, love what you do and the peeks behind the scenes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather! And I can't wait to see what you come up with next as well!!

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love this one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete